Ceramic Tile Flooring
Ceramic tile is a flooring material manufactured by forming, baking and then glazing clay. It is an excellent flooring material that is both practical and aesthetically pleasing.
Ceramic tiles can be pretty heavy; you may need to reinforce your house floor before installing ceramic tiles. Therefore, it would be advisable to engage a professional like us; we can customise ceramic tile flooring to your liking.
Ceramic tiles come in so many colours that they cannot even be listed. Even the choosiest person could find a suitable colour for him! Of course, classic flooring colours such as beige and white will always be able to match other colours well. Do enquire for more details of the colours available!
Ceramic Tile Flooring For Homes
- Kitchen Ceramic Flooring – Laying ceramic tiles on the kitchen floor is a practical option as they are both stain-and heat-resistant.
- Bathroom Ceramic Flooring – If you consider installing ceramic tiles in the bathroom, you must note that high-gloss ceramic tiles will become slippery when wet. It might be safer to opt for unglazed ceramic tiles in the bathroom. Of course, the low-maintenance feature makes it perfect for the bathroom.
- Living Room Ceramic Flooring – Ceramic tiles in the living room are a smart option that adds comfort to your home without burning a hole in your pocket. For those who hardly find time to clean up the floor daily, ceramic floor tile is a lifesaver, as they require less maintenance.
- Outdoor Ceramic Flooring – There is a good reason ceramic tiles are well-liked in patios and gardens. It is a practical option as ceramic tiles are durable and can withstand water well.
Different Types of Ceramic Tile Flooring Design
There are a few different types of ceramic flooring. Here, we will summarise the main characteristics of each type.
- Terracotta Ceramic Tiles – Terracotta ceramic tiles are floor tiles made from unique shades of red and brown clay. They result in a natural blend of colours that gives your home a sense of nature, making them extremely suitable to be used outdoors. However, terracotta tiles without glaze are highly porous.
- Glazed Ceramic Tiles – Glazed ceramic tiles refer to glass coating that is fired onto the surface of tiles to protect them. The glaze helps to protect the ceramic tiles, makes them moisture and stain-resistant, and boosts your floor tiles to last longer. The glass coating also gives them their colour.
- Unglazed Ceramic Tiles – Some may prefer unglazed ceramic tiles for their rustic and natural vibe. It all depends on your personal preference!