Contemporary Feature Wall
Do you feel like your home is missing something? Are you looking for a way to make a bold statement and add some personality to your space?
Most of us want our homes to reflect who we are. Our home is often a work in progress, constantly evolving as our taste changes. But one thing remains constant: the need for a personal touch that makes our house feel like a home. A feature wall in your home designed to stand out and make an impact is the perfect solution!
Our team can help you create the perfect custom feature wall for your home.
Why Create Feature Wall?
A feature wall is a blank canvas that can add different colours, textures, designs and drama to a room. It is a wall in a room that is different from the other walls. Feature walls can create an accent wall, a focal point in a room. They are often used to make a room look more attractive, add a touch of luxury and sophistication, or create a statement about its style. It can be advantageous in small spaces or rooms with an awkward layout. In some cases, a feature wall can also help to absorb sound, making a room more acoustically pleasing.
In Singapore, feature walls are commonly found in homes and businesses. They can be made from various materials, including paint, marble, stone, glass, wood panel, metal, wallpaper, fabric and more.
Factors To Consider For Creating A Feature Wall
There are several factors to consider when creating a feature wall.
The Purpose of The Feature Wall
What is the purpose of the feature wall? What do you want it to achieve? Do you want it to be a focal point in the room? Do you want it to add texture or visual interest? Do you want it to be an area of calm in the room? Do you want it to be a place where you can hang decorative art pieces? The answers to these questions will help determine what material to use.
The Size Of The Feature Wall
When considering creating a feature wall, one of the most important factors is the wall’s size. It will determine how much of an impact the feature wall will have and how much work will be involved in creating it. If the wall is too small, the feature wall may not be very noticeable or make much of an impact.
It is also crucial to consider the room’s overall size when choosing the size of the feature wall. If the room is small, a prominent feature wall may overwhelm it. Conversely, a tiny feature wall may seem out of proportion if the room is large.
The Location of The Feature Wall
There are a few things to consider when determining where to place a feature wall.
- The size of the room – If the room is small, it’s best to choose a wall that doesn’t have any windows or doors, as this will make the space appear larger.
- The shape of the room – If the room is long and narrow, it’s best to choose a short wall so the space doesn’t feel too cramped.
- The amount of natural light in the room – If the room gets little light, you may want to create a feature wall in a place that will make the room feel more open and airy.
- The purpose of the feature wall – If it’s simply for decoration, then any wall in the room will do. However, if the feature wall will be used for storage or as a makeshift desk, you’ll want to choose a location that makes sense.
The Colour Of The Feature Wall
There are several factors to consider when choosing the colour of your feature wall. The most crucial factor is the overall tone of the room. You want to choose a colour that complements the room’s other colours and makes the space feel cohesive. Another factor to consider is the purpose of the feature wall. You might choose a bolder colour if you want the wall to be a focal point. You might choose a softer colour if you wish for the wall to be more subtle.
The Material of The Feature Wall
When choosing the material for a feature wall, several factors must be considered.
- The overall aesthetic you are trying to achieve. For example, reclaimed wood would be a good choice if you want a rustic look. Metal or glass could be a better option if you want a more modern look.
- It would be best to consider how the feature wall will be used. For example, if you want to use the wall as a TV feature wall, you need to make sure that the wall can support the TV’s weight and any other items you want to hang. An excellent way to do this is by choosing a wall that is strong enough to hold those things but also has an attractive appearance.
- Another factor to consider is the durability of the material. For example, if you want to use the wall as a feature wall in your child’s bedroom, the material you choose must be durable enough to withstand any bumps and scrapes.
The most common materials used for feature walls are paint, wallpaper, and fabric. However, other options exist, such as wood panelling, tile, stone, and metal. It depends on the look you’re going for and what will complement the rest of the room.
The Existing Furnishings & Decor
When considering adding a feature wall to a room, it is crucial to consider the existing furnishings and decor. It will help to ensure that the feature wall complements the space’s overall design and does not clash with the current aesthetics. The following are some factors to consider:
- The colours of the existing furniture and decor. For example, if the current design is mainly neutral, a feature wall in bright neon colours will appear out of place.
- The style of the existing furniture and decor. For example, if the existing furniture is modern and minimalist, a feature wall with a traditional design or with ornate decorations would not complement the space.