A Gorgeous And Functional Kitchen You Wouldn't Mind Spending Hours In!
Are you looking for kitchen renovation designers or contractors to renovate, redesign and remodel your kitchen?
Many homeowners pay closer attention to the kitchen during renovation, perhaps more than any other room in the house. Reason being, the kitchen is a place where you prepare the food for your loved ones every day.
A well-designed kitchen should facilitate your food preparations. When you cook in a space that you feel comfortable, it will show in the quality of your food. We will go through some of the critical elements that help you create a dream kitchen you love.
Factors To Consider for Kitchen Renovation
How to renovate and brighten up your kitchen, in terms of its appearance and functionality?
When you are designing and planning the kitchen renovation, you first need to consider the kitchen layout. Each layout will have some level of design challenges. What makes a kitchen livable has little to do with the appearance, more importantly, it's functionality.
Following are some of the critical factors you should consider:
Proper Kitchen Layout
It’s essential to pay attention to the kitchen layout design that facilitates the entire workflow - from storage, getting the ingredients prep, cooking, meals serving, and lastly, the clean-up.
Efficiency is key. A well-organised kitchen streamlines the whole process and makes cooking far more manageable.
When designing a kitchen, it is crucial first to understand your family’s habits. Do you usually have meals together in the kitchen? If the kitchen is only for cooking purpose, should the design be more oriented towards task efficiency?
Choosing The Right Kitchen Countertop
A kitchen countertop is a horizontal work surface in kitchens. Besides the aesthetic value, it is functional too!
The range of kitchen countertops materials is amazingly diverse, such as granite, marble, quartz, solid surface, ceramic tile, engineered stone, concrete, stainless steel, etc.
More countertop space means more room for you to prepare food, to place appliances and utensils. You can consider creating a portable kitchen island which serves several purposes. It offers additional seating and provides an extra work surface; it helps increase the kitchen’s functionality and efficiency.
Choosing The Right Kitchen Flooring
Kitchen flooring can have a significant impact on the impression of your kitchen. Increase the value of your kitchen by paying some extra attention to the floor tiles you choose.
Today, there are so many variations with colour and texture for flooring selections. You should find no trouble finding something that reflects your preferred renovation style and can fit within your budget.
- As the kitchen has higher daily foot traffic, you should choose a flooring that is reasonably durable and resistant to wear and tear.
- You should choose a flooring that is not going to require much upkeep, easy to clean and maintain.
- The lighter hues floors will reflect more natural light from windows, therefore brighten up the entire kitchen.
- As for the size of the floor tiles, the larger piece of floor tiles can make a smaller space appear larger.
Enough Kitchen Storage Space
When renovating your kitchen, enough storage space to store appliances, utensils, dishes, pots, crocks, plates, and bowls is crucial.
- Custom-made kitchen cabinet with creative kitchen drawer organisers will keep all your kitchen stuff from sight yet within easy reach. It is for sure, a great way to keep your kitchen looking less cluttered. Declutter your kitchen will effectively make your kitchen to appear more spacious.
- Every inch of space count. The walls can hold more than you think they can.
- You may consider adding a built-in nesting table to your cabinets. You can easily tuck away the nesting table into cabinets when not in use and pulls out to act as a breakfast table or chopping surface when needed.
A kitchen is a working area where we prepare meals, cut vegetables, chop meats and more. Therefore, a well-lit setting in the kitchen becomes crucial.
When you are planning for the kitchen layout:
- You should take note of the direction of the natural light, and try not to block off the natural sunlight from the windows.
- You should invest in practical lighting for the kitchen. Especially during the night time, proper lights can illuminate the entire cooking areas, to make it both safer and cosier, to reduce the cooking troublesome and prevent accidents.
Ventilation is the most crucial factor in the design of a beautiful and functional kitchen.
With adequate ventilation, it will catch grease splatters, vent smoke, steam, and cooking smells. It will ensure that any odours from your kitchen are limited to the kitchen, which will significantly improve the air circulation in your house.