Amazing TV Feature Wall
Looking to add some pizazz to your home but don’t know where to start? If you’re stuck in a design rut, our TV feature walls are here to help breathe new life into your space.
Most people need a television for their living room or bedroom. To make the area appear neater, harmonising the built-in TV console/cabinet into the feature wall has become increasingly popular.
Whether you want a sleek and modern look or something more cosy and traditional, we’ve covered you. We offer various styles, designs and colours to suit your tastes. Start here with these popular television accent wall ideas.
A TV feature wall is a type of wall design that incorporates a television into the overall look of the space. The TV is usually mounted on the wall and surrounded by shelves, cabinets, or other storage units. The goal of a TV feature wall is to create a focal point in the room and to make the television a more integral part of the décor. In many cases, the TV feature wall will also include built-in lighting fixtures to highlight the television further. When creating a feature wall, it is crucial to consider the space’s size and the room’s overall aesthetic.
Why TV Feature Wall?
There are many reasons why people might choose to put a TV on a feature wall.
- It can create a focal point in the room and add a touch of luxury or sophistication to the space.
- It can help to define the space and make it feel more cohesive. By creating a feature wall, you can draw the eye to the TV and make it the room’s centrepiece. It can be conducive if the TV is the space’s primary entertainment source. It can be crucial in smaller areas.
- It can be a practical solution for hiding unsightly wires and cables.
Materials Used To Create A TV Feature Wall
There are a variety of materials that we can use to create a TV feature wall. Some common materials include wood, stone, brick, and metal. Each material has unique benefits that can contribute to the overall look and feel of the space. Wood is popular for TV feature walls because it has a warm and natural appearance. Stone can add a touch of luxury to a room, while brick can provide a more rustic vibe.
There are many factors to consider when choosing materials for a TV feature wall. Some of the most important considerations include the following:
- The overall look and feel you want to create. Do you want a warm, inviting space or a more modern and sleek look? It will help dictate the materials you select.
- The amount of light the space gets. It will help determine how much reflection you want from the chosen materials.
- It would be best to consider the acoustic properties of the material. The material should be able to absorb sound to reduce echo and reverberation in the room.
- Another critical factor is the fire rating of the material. The material should have a low fire rating to reduce the home’s fire risk.
- The material should be durable and able to withstand wear and tear.
- The material should be easy to clean and maintain. Some materials have different textures and colours, making them challenging to work with. Finding a material that does not absorb staining liquids from food and drinks is best.
Care & Maintenance For TV Feature Wall
The TV feature wall is a wall that is designed to hold a television. It is usually made of wood or metal and has shelving or hooks to keep the TV in place. The TV feature wall can also store other items such as books, DVDs, and video games. To properly care for your TV feature wall, to keep it looking its best. Here are some tips:
- Dust the wall regularly with a soft cloth or brush to remove any dust accumulation.
- If you have any smudges or fingerprints on the wall, you can gently wipe them off with a damp cloth.
- If the wall is made of wood, you can use a soft cloth to polish it lightly. Make sure to test any cleaner or furniture polish in a hidden area first to ensure no unwanted effects.